- Who We Are
- Brotherhood & Sisterhood
- Scholarship Leadership & Service
- Events & Activities
National Pan-Hellenic Council Intake
Interested in becoming a member of a NPHC organization?
NPHC and its member chapters do not hold a formal recruitment period similar to the Panhellenic and Interfraternity Councils. Each chapter conducts its own intake/recruitment process under the guidance of their inter/national headquarter and the LSU Greek Life Office.
Attendance at a NPHC Greek Convocation is required for all students interested in being considered for membership in an NPHC fraternity or sorority. Two sessions will be offered during the academic year, at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Students must attend at least one of the two sessions to be considered for membership.
Greek Code:Cracking the NPHC Playbook is a fun new event that will be held on August 27, 2014 at 5:30 pm in the Cotillion Ballroom! Student should wear comfortable clothing and come eager to learn, participate and have fun!
Greek 101 will be held on August 27, 2013 at 6:00 pm in the Cotillion Ballroom on the 2nd floor of the LSU Student Union. This event is MANDATORY for those interested in pursuing membership in a NPHC organization.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Presentations from each chapter explaning the purpose of each organization as established by founders of that fraternity or sorority
- When interest/informational meetings will be held by each chapter, what GPA requirements are, how much it costs to become a member, and any other expectations of membership
- State, local, and university policies concerning hazing
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the Basic Requirements?
A: Basic requirements for joining any NPHC organization:
- Must be a full-time student (enrolled in at least 12 hours in fall/spring semester)
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA (though most organizations require, for intake/initiation, at least a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A., so strive for higher)
- A minimum of between 12-36 cumulative hours
Q: What is Intake?
A: An NPHC reference to how new members are brought into the individual organizations.
Q: What is an Interest Meeting?
A: Individual meetings held by organizations to introduce the ideals, philosophy and the current membership of their organization.
Q: When is Intake?
A: Dates set by each chapter Intake for NPHC differs from PHC/IFC in that PHC/IFC simultaneously holds recruitment, while NPHC sororities and fraternities have separate dates and times for their processes NPHC does not have Bid Days. In order to decide if you want to join a NPHC sorority/fraternity, it is beneficial to attend their events on campus as well as visit their national websites.
If you have any other questions, you may contact the Greek Life office at (225) 578-2171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.